Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Your Philadelphia 76ers ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!"

I believe that's the quote Marc Zumoff said last year when they clinched a birth in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure.

I don't know if he said that today in the 95-90 win over the Pistons at the Wachovia Center, but that's how I feel. I know it's the Sixers. I know they are a long long shot to do anything. But, think about it this way:

A. They have the chance to be the fifth seed, maybe even the fourth (if they can catch the overrated Hawks)

B. If they get either the fifth or fourth seed, they don't have the play any of the Beasts of the Easts in the first round (Cleveland, Boston or Orlando).

C. If that happens, they have a real good shot of winning a series

D. And at that point, who knows what can happen. 

I'm not going to get ahead of myself at this point. I am the type of guy who likes to take it one day, one game and one possession at a time. However, I'll close this post out with this—I am excited for all of my Philly teams, but I'm more pumped for the 76ers in the playoffs than the Flyers. The Flyers need to show me something so I can believe that they have the potential to make a run. I hope they can, because I obviously want them to. 

But, when Andre Iguodala drops 31 like he did today and Andre Miller is wrapping up triple-doubles like he did today (21 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds), I can't help but be pumped for our Philadelphia 76ers. 

No comments: