Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lessen On Taking Care Of Mets Fans

I'm sure you all know how to do this, but I felt complied to let everyone know about my experience with a Mets fan yesterday. As most of you know, I am a student at Ithaca College in central New York state. There are a lot of Mets fans here.

Yesterday, before the game, I bumped into a Mets fan, who is a friend of mine, on campus. He gave me a smirk and said, "How 'bout that Braves bullpen."

I responded by saying, "Dude, there are 160 more games to go."

He said something smart back and then it popped into my head the perfect thing to say.

"Hey, who won the World Series last year?"

He was hesitant to reply. "I don't know. The cheese steaks."

Take note, this kid is a big spots fan and a television/radio major.

"No dude. You're a sports fan. You have credibility. You have intelligence. If you're such a big sports guy, you should be able to tell me who won the World Series the past 20 years."

Quietly with his head down and distraught, he answered, "The Phillies."

SHUT DOWN! 

That was the first time I ever had to do that and I'm not one who likes to talk trash and will probably not do that very often, but it felt good. Real good.

No comments: