Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Harry Kalas More Than Just A Broadcaster

He was our friend and everyone's friend.

I don't know how many of you got a chance to see the tribute video they played of him before last night's ball game or even if you only got to see a little bit of it like me, but for those who did, remember when he was recording a voice mail message for one of the fans?

Well, that fan just happens to be our Fran, one of the contributors at "South Broad Street." I noticed it right away because I remember seeing a facebook picture of Harry doing that and once I saw it in the video, it clicked. That is how special Harry was. He would do anything for anybody.

And when I saw that video, especially when I recognized someone who I know personally like Fran, it brought a tear to my eye because as I said, Harry touched people from one end of town to the other, one end of the country to the other and one end of the world to the other.

He will never be "Outta Here" because his vibrant spirit is still with us today.

No comments: