Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hey Flyers, Save Some Goals For Other Games

For real.

After the 8-5 win over the Maple Leafs at home last night, I can't help but wonder why they don't put up numbers like that in other games, especially with a five goal first period. 

Seriously. I know Toronto is bad and they lost a really bad game to them in the first half of the home and home, but cmon...save these goals for other games. 

On the other hand, maybe I'm just being harsh. There are some positives to take from this game, such as the hat trick by Jeff Carter, who has been cold for a long time. 

Yet, when I revel in that, I cringe that we had a 5-0 lead, let them come back and chop into the deficit, then win the second and third period. If people want to get excited over an eight goal outburst, don't.

This team has a lot to prove in the next couple of weeks. Let me tell you this. I felt better going into the playoffs last year as the sixth seed and underdogs than a fourth or fifth seed and a team that is expected to make a run.

No comments: