Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Not In The Mood To Argue...

...especially with two members of my brethren. 

It is no fun because nobody wins. It will keep going on and on and on, thus getting stupid.

But, let me make a couple of things clear so everyone knows my take on the first three games on the Phillies regular season, rather than what is assumed.

1. I get excited for Opening Day because it's the start of 162 relaxing games of Phillies baseball.

2. I understand there are 162 games and it's a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNG season. But, that does not mean I'm not allowed to critique and poor pitching and hitting effort, whether it's Game 1 or 162.

3. Maybe this is just me, but Jon Miller, Joe Morgan and Steve Phillips give me headaches. Why do you think I witnessed Shane Victorino and Matt Stairs NLCS Game 4 homeruns on mute. The reason is Joe Buck and Tim McCarver were giving me migraines. I rather here Harry Kalas's voice on Opening Day because that day is a holiday. It's the start of what hopes to be a great summer. The fact that Jon Miller opened the 2009 season is sickening. Also, I don't care whether or not we get that national game. I don't need that to feel good about myself and my team. Nonetheless, the Phils rarely win on those Sunday Night ESPN games anyway.

4. The World Champs don't have to have the Opening Night game. If you all recall, last year was the Nationals and Braves for the opening of the Nats new ballpark. 

5. What does not wanting the Phillies to play in this game have to do with a championship drought?

Maybe I'm just repeating myself. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to do this, but I couldn't sit on my hands anymore. 

No comments: