Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Training is in the Air #6

With only 9 days left until Pitchers and Catchers report I have decided to do a 9 part series in which each day I will take a look at one of the 9 starting positions and evaluate it. Think of this as a way to make these last 9 days go by faster. I will also list the positions in the order in which I think the 2009 Lineup should be set.



#6 Centerfield

Shane Victorino has been my favorite player for awhile now. It wasn't until recently that he won over a ton of Philadelphia phans. With his hard work and hustle he's developed into a clone of Jimmy Rollins. If Charlie decides to let Shane bat 6th in the lineup, that will add speed and an offensive threat after all the big hitters are done. Although if he does get inserted in the two hole he has been known to have some success. If he can continue the type of baseball he played during the playoffs he could set career numbers in all categories. I'm looking for Shane to hit close to .300 while adding more power to his offensive game.



Overall Grade: B+

No comments: