Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Was Donovan Distracted? Make of this what you want...

So from what I read from Rich Hofmann's column in today's Philadelphia Daily News, there is the possibility that Donovan McNabb's wife pregnancy had been on the mind of the Eagles quarterback for some time now. 

Donovan's quote read:
" 'I can't sit here and say, 'Yes,' that it was on my mind in the previous weeks. But I tried to not let it affect my playing, knowing that I didn't play as well as I wanted to in the previous weeks. But it's sort of a weight off your shoulders knowing that everyone is healthy and everyone is fine and [you] kind of can come back out here and have fun.' "

Like I said, make of this what you want. Even though the way he worded himself did not necessarily mean it was on his mind, this quote cannot make you think otherwise. 

It possibly explains the poor performances against the Bengals and the Ravens. But then again, his wife gave birth to their newborn twins after the Cardinals game, where McNabb played outstanding. 

Personally, I believe it did not affect his play...or at least that is what I am trying really hard to make myself believe.

Let's put it this way Don, beat the Giants, Browns, Redskins and Cowboys combined with a surprise playoff birth, nobody in this town will harp on you for this possible distraction.

No comments: