Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Catching Up

With finals in full force for me this week at Ithaca College, it has been rather hard to post everything that has been going on. Well, I have a bit of a break now and I figured it is time to get caught up in the AWESOME world of Philadelphia sports.


That Pat Burrell post is coming. Just wait until I am done with finals. It is going to be a great and nostalgic post of "Pat the Bat." 

Also, I think this beats Matt Stairs quote by a long shot. Chase Utley informs young people on the appropriateness of cursing. The bold is the part I am emphasizing. It is not like his tone or whatever changed.

Utley said, " 'That was definitely an emotional day that we all had. That drive down Broad Street to the park was one of the best days of my life. I imagine for a lot of Phillies fans it was the same. I could have used different words to express myself. At the time, I didn't. I tell all kids not to use that word. IF THEY'RE 29 AND THEY WIN THE WORLD SERIES, I THINK THEY CAN SAY THAT. But I definitely would say to all the kids out there, 'Kids, it's a bad word. Don't sa it.' And I'm dead serious.' "

Remember kids, if you are 29 and win a World Series, curse away. But otherwise, keep it to yourself. 

No comments: