Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Monday, December 15, 2008

Park Thinks He Is Going To Start

According to the Korean Times, newest Phillies pitcher Chan-Ho Park thinks he is a going to be a member of this years starting rotation.

" 'I was a little worried about the Citizen Bank Park, the home of the Phillies, which is hitter-friendly, but as they considered me a starter, I signed with Phildelphia,' " he said during a press conference in Seoul on today.

So, according to Park, he is going to be a starter. I guess the Derek Lowe scenario is history and I guess Kyle Kendrick/Adam Eaton/J.A. Happ/Whoever Else are not going to be starters. Of course, this is according to Park.

So, here is...according to Park...what the potential 2009 Phillies starting rotation will look like:
1. Cole Hamels
2. Brett Myers
3. Jamie Moyer
4. Joe Blanton
5. Chan Ho Park

You make of this what you want. I still do not like the signing of Park. I would have rather have had Lowe or a new found Kendrick as a starter. Remember, Lowe and Kendrick are sinker ball pitchers. Citizens Bank Park, like our heavily informed Park mentioned, is a hitters ball park. A sinker ball pitcher, especially for this team, is always nice to have in the rotation. I will leave it at that though.

No comments: