Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Sixers Recap

I'm still jumpy from last night's game. First of all, I got to watch the second half. Up here in Ithaca, I do not get to see many games and the fact that I got to see such an exciting game like that thrills me to no end. Second of all, as I said in a previous post, I do not want to do this much, but for this particular happening I feel it is necessary.

I went on the700level.com this morning and saw their Sixers/Pistons recap. It was very well done and it had video highlights. It also had a link to Phil Jasner's story that covered the game in today's Philadelphia Daily News. Through the post, they mentioned a great clip from Theo Ratliff that Jasner put in his story.

" 'The old heads represented. Donyell went out and did what he knows how to do.' "

Haha. The "old heads" did represent last night. Ratliff and Donyell Marshall did their parts–Ratliff on the defensive end and Marshall with the long ball. 

I am really hoping this type of play from the bench and other role players continues. Also, one more thing I would like to mention. How well have the Sixers drafted in the past two seasons? Throughout the years of Larry Brown, we suffered with guys like Tim Thomas (who came in on a trade on draft night), Larry Hughes, Speedy Claxton, John Salmons (also came in on a trade on draft night) and Rodney Carney (came in a trade too). They have passed up on superstars such as Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzski. 

But the past two seasons, Thaddeus Young and Marreese Speights have been great picks. Both have contributed and both were in the starting lineup last night (Speights because Elton Brand was out with an injury). 

As I mentioned, hopefully last night was a sign of good things to come from everyone on this team. That is including Elton Brand, who was not even in the building. Does anyone have the scary hint like I do that the Sixers play better with each without Brand? I am not saying that is the case. All I am saying is think about it. This gives you something to ponder on.
According to Jasner's Sixerville Blog from yesterday, Maurice Cheeks said Brand is not playing tonight either.  Will the same solid play happen from the boys in white and black tonight? We will see. Here are last night's highlights.

No comments: