At that time, who would have thought we would be where we are today?
After two reinvigorating victories the last two weeks- as well as some major help from the Saints, Steelers, and Ravens- the Eagles are right back in the playoff hunt.
Over Thanksgiving break, my Father and I analyzed the schedules of the remaining Wild Card contenders, and determined that in order to reach the Playoffs the Eagles would need a few things to happen: (items in bold represent things that have happened so far)
1. Eagles Win remaining 4 games (@Giants, Browns, @Redskins, Cowboys)
2. Cowboys Lose 1 of their next three games (assuming we win out and therefore beat Dallas)
(@Steelers, Giants, Ravens, @Eagles)
3. Falcons Lose 2 of remaining 4 games (@Saints, Bucs, @Vikings, Rams)
This week, we went 3/3. So here is the updated list of things the Eagles need to happen:
1. Eagles Win remaining 3 games (Browns, @Redskins, Cowboys)
2. Falcons Lose 1 of their next 3 games (Bucs, @Vikings, Rams)
That's it! If the Eagles win next week and the Falcons lose, we will control our own Playoff destiny with just 2 games to go in the season. Pretty amazing, huh? There is also the possibility that the Panthers Lose 3 of their last 4 games, opening up another Wild Card Spot. This is less likely, but I will update this post based on the result of tonight's Bucs @ Panthers game.
According to SportsClubStats.com, the Eagles currently have a 96.4% chance of making the Playoffs if they win their last 3 games. (Eagles Playoff Chances)