Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Monday, December 15, 2008

Taking Naps Are Bad...When You Do That...You Miss Phillies Signings

OK...so it is finals week here at Ithaca College and I have been lured into poorly timed naps. While I was being lazy and sleeping, the Phillies have made some moves.


The Moyer deal is worth two years with the amount of money not disclosed yet. I am surprised that it is two years. I know that the Phils were very hesitant to do that, but I guess they gave in to what Moyer wanted. Quite frankly, until this guy's arm falls off, I do not care how long you sign him for. He is a left handed pitcher in a rotation that has Cole Hamels as the only other lefty. Also, when the umps give Moyer the edges around the strike zone, he is masterful.

As far as Park goes, he signed for a one year deal worth $2.5 million with incentives that could eventually rise his pay day to $5 million.

We saw Park in the post season and he was nothing special. That guy Kuo was a better reliever than he was on the Dodgers. I really hope he does not screw up the young, tremendous bullpen that we saw last season in Phillies pinstripes. 

So, those are the signings I slept through. Woe is me. 

I got to go back to studying now and just to let everyone know, I am working on a big Pat Burrell post that I started the day the Phils signed Raul Ibanez. However, I have not had that much time to work on it. At the latest, it will be up by sometime this weekend. That is at the latest though. To me, the timing really does not matter. Burrell has cemented himself as such a legend in Philadelphia sports that hopefully we will be talking about Pat the Bat for generations to come. 

No comments: