Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hartnell...Where ya Been?

I was in my house with a few of my friends getting updates over the phone. Tim Hindin receives the ESPN update texts and that is how we were following the game. The first one I heard was 3-1 Canes. The second one I heard was 4-1 Canes. The third one I heard was 5-1 Canes. Conceding a loss was what I was ready to do.  

But then I heard 5-3 Canes in the third period. Hmm...maybe a comeback brewing? Then I heard 5-4 Canes. Is this possible? Then I heard 5-5 tie. F***ers! They do this all of the time. They get down but they fight back. I love it, but if they did not give up those goals we would not be in a "have to comeback situation." But, it was well worth it. 

Scott Hartnell had three goals in the contest for a hat trick. My boy Scottie Upshall scored a goal and Simon Gagne scored a goal.  Overtime was scoreless, but they won a shootout. They actually won a shootout. It must be raining. Well...it was, but you know what I mean. They scored two, while Antero Nittymaki stopped all that came his way.  


Fit for a wacky game, the Flyers wore their road white uniforms instead of their normal black home uniforms or orange alternates. It was because the Carolina Hurricanes, who the Orange and Black have played more than a deck of cards in the past couple of weeks, had made another trip to the Wachovia Center. It was just a night to change it up. We fans saw too much of the same uniform. Weird that they did this...yes. But does it matter...no. 

What mattered is this equaled the greatest comeback in Flyers history as they were down 5-1 in the third. It also mattered because it gave the boys in Orange and Black two points.  All in all, for the fans, great night at the Wach. Let's keep this thing rolling.

No comments: