Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Two Eagles Notes

1. Donovan McNabb wants to retire as a member of the Eagles. 

" 'I talk to Deion. Deion is a great guy, but Deion's not speaking for me. I want to retire as an Eagle,' " McNabb said. " 'I remember my rookie year, or I believe my second year, with Mayor Street, I said I wanted to bring a Super Bowl back to Philadelphia, go down Broad Street with the parade. The Phillies did it first, and I'm happy for them that they did, but myself and [free safety] Brian Dawkins, it's something we've talked about for years, being able to do that. We look forward to hopefully bringing it back next year, down Broad Street, I believe [the game's] in Miami, be able to hold that trophy up and say, 'We did it.' ' "

Now what I wonder is whether or not this is a "to get the media away from me" tool or if he is truly being sincere. 

Personally, with what he says about Dawk, I believe he is telling the truth. Whether or not it holds true is another matter.


Listen, I know Westbrook is very popular. I know he is one of the most dynamic backs in team history. I know he is one of the best kick off returners in team history.

However, that does not change my opinion that he is a bum. I used to not think that, but after all of the contract disputes during the off-season and training camp and all of the injuries he has gotten, I can't help but cringe when I think about Westbrook. 

Sure, the Eagles use him too much. That probably contributes to his injuries. 

However, I have a feeling he knew he was going to get hurt and that is why he was so adamant about getting a new contract. 

Most likely, I'm incorrect. Yet, that is something that you can't help but think in the back of your mind. 

No comments: