Picture Of The Day

Picture Of The Day
Flyers Stanley Cup Champions Parade From The '70s

Friday, November 28, 2008

I Am Thankful For My Birds...No Matter How Inconsistent They May Be

We all know what happened...or at least we all should...a 48-20 beating over the Arizona Cardinals last night at the Linc. That is not the point. It was great to see the Birds play that way. But while I am happy and thankful for that wonderful game last night, I am pissed off at the same time. 

I am going to get into shoulda, woulda, couldas right here.

That game last night showed how good this team should and could be right now. They should have defeated the Cowboys. They should have defeated the Bears. They should have defeated the Redskins. They should have defeated the Giants. They should have defeated the Bengals. They should be 11-1 right now and a top of the NFC East and the conference. But no...they are 6-5-1 and trying to re-emerge. 

Do not blame it on number 5. Blame it on the fact that this team has not clicked like they did last night since the beating of the Rams in Week 1. Maybe the Cardinals were extremely overrated. Maybe it was that West Coast to East Coast thing. I hope neither of those two are the case because the Eagles did click on all cylinders last night. They were very good. Hopefully they can keep it up.

I was at the game so pictures to come later. Also, I am going to the Flyers game this afternoon so possibly some pics from that. 

No comments: